Diabetic Awareness Essay Contest
Texas Lions District 2-E2
2022-2023 Opportunities for Youth
Each year the Lions Organ and Eye Bank conducts the Diabetic Awareness Essay Contest.
For the Diabetes Awareness Essay Contest 2021-2022 contestants should explain why diabetes awareness is important in schools, grades K-12.
Diabetic Awareness Essay Contest Prize Rules – District 2-E2
• Essay and Application Acceptance Dates: Nov. 1, 2022 through Dec. 1, 2022
• Essay Length: Up To 1500 Words
• Essay Scholarship Prizes:
- 1st Place in 2-E2 $2,000, advances to State Competition
- 2nd Place in 2-E2 $1,500, alternate for State Competition
- 3rd Place in 2-E2 $1,000
• The Essay and Application can be emailed* to: email@example.com* Emails must be received by 11:59 pm on November 29, 2022
• The Essay and Application can be mailed* to:
Lions District 2-E2 Organ and Eye Bank, P.O. Box 830, Fort Worth, TX 76101
* If sent via US Mail, it must have a postmark date no later than Monday, November 29,2022
*Mailed applications and essays must be post marked no later than Monday, November 29,2022; if there is no post mark or other tracking information, then must be received by November 28, 2022.
• Essay must be under 1,500 words, typed, double-spaced; have a word count on the last page; and, include a bibliography of alphabetized sources (not counted towards the word count)
•Contestants must present their essay as a speech at the District 2E2 Leadership meeting before three judges on January 21, 2023(Irma Marsh Middle School, 415 Hagg Dr., Ft. Worth, TX 76114).
• The winner must be willing to compete in the State competition online via Zoom on May 06, 2023
• Judging Criteria: content (60%), recitation (25%), and English language including grammar, sentence structure, pronunciation, and correct usage (15%)
Entrants Must Be Sponsored by their Local Lions Club
The state contest rules and applications can be found at www.texaslions.org.
The District 2-E2 Essay Winner and Sponsoring Club will also enter the state contest for any additional scholarship.