Lions 2-E2 Organ and Eye Bank
Who We Are
Lions 2E2 Organ and Eye Bank is supported by Lions Club District 2-E2.
The purpose of the Lions Organ and Eye Bank of District 2-E2 is to promote the conservation, restoration, and transplantation of human organs and eyes; and the prevention, treatment, and research of blindness and diabetes.
The Lions Organ and Eye Bank helps Lions Club District 2E2 Lions provide critical community support by offering vision exams, medical procedures and medical education awareness.
We help those in need with sight restorative services.
LOEB – Who We Are
• We are one of eleven Entities Supported by Lions Club District 2‐E2
• We are a 501(c)(3) Corporation Founded in 1970
• Our Initial Focus: Tissue Donors and Recipients
• We are funded 100% by Dues, Donations, White Cane, and Life Memberships
• Every Lions Club member in Good Standing is a Member of the LOEB and Board Members come from throughout the district
Vision Screening Activities
• Certification of Lion Volunteer Screeners
• Screenings Conducted: Are Glasses Needed?
• Back‐to‐School Events, Health Fairs, etc.
• Hand‐held Instruments used include
• PlusOptics™, Spot™
• ODs or MDs Determine Prescriptions
• Lions Club Members: Complete a Vision Screen Certification and Participate
Eye‐opening Facts about Kids
• 80% of what they learn comes through their eyes
• 20% to 25% have an uncorrected vision problem
• 80% with reading difficulties also have vision issues
• 90% of those who need glasses don’t wear them
• 50% who fail school eye screenings don’t see an eye doctor
• It takes an average of 4 years after a failed screening to see an eye doctor
• 65% to 74% of juvenile offenders have vision problems
• Vision is the #1 strategic health priority in schools
Mobile On-Site Vision Exams
The Mobile Vision Unit (MVU) provides basic eye exams to areas not served by optical businesses; or where there is an economic challenge.
• Two Fully‐Equipped Lanes
• Manned by Local Volunteer ODs or MDs
• Fur Use by Lions District 2E2 Clubs – Lions 2E2 Clubs Vision Screening Request Form